Living in MoMac
- Physical Address: 6004 Bishop Boulevard Dallas, TX 75275
- Located in the South Quad near the center of campus (highlighted right)
- Four floors with two elevators and four stairwells
- Number of Residents: 192
- Year Built: 1964, renovated in 1998
- Named after Ray Morrison, original faculty member and first athletic director at SMU and John McGinnis, original SMU faculty member and editor of the Southwestern Review.
Spaces to know in MoMac
Morrison-McGinnis, McElvaney, and Cockrell-McIntosh are located in the area of campus know as the South Quad. Feel free to use this green space to throw around a frisbee or catch some sun, and be sure to attend our outdoor movie nights and other events in this space.
Located right outside of the front door of MoMac, the Patio is another area where students hang out, relax, and study.
As in most homes, the living room of MoMac is one of the most popular spaces for residents to gather together to catch up with one another. MoMac's Commons Council has worked to spruce up this space with the installation of a Smart TV and the purchase of an X Box One. The Living Room is the most popular programming space for our Commons wide events.
The MoMac Lending Library was established in the Spring of 2014 as a way for MoMac residents to share their favorite books with one another and encourage continuous learning. Grab a book any time and return it once you are finished. If you have any book requests, let a MoMac staff member know.
Located in the Living Room, the MoMac Calendar keeps residents up to date on all Commons events and initiatives, as well as important campus events. Be sure to check this spot regularly to keep up to date with what is going on in the community.
The basement of MoMac is home to a pool and fooseball table as well as a TV. Residents hang out down here while waiting for their laundry to finish up. In addition, this space has a large private study room, vending machines, a microwave, and ice machine.
The Laundry Room is located in the basement and is home to 8 washers and 8 dryers. Best of all, no coins are needed!
Each of the four floors in MoMac has a comfy lounge located in between the Morrison and McGinnis wings of the building. The lounges are popular places to study and hang out. Each floor lounge also has a community microwave--just be sure to follow the directions on your popcorn and Easy Mac packages.
In addition to the large study room in the basement, the 2nd and 4th floors of MoMac have private study rooms. These spaces are open to any community members and are available on a first come basis. MoMac's Commons Council has invested time and resources in enhancing the study rooms by adding an accent wall and purchasing floor lamps.
The Faculty in Residence (MM 120) and the Residential Community Director Apartments (MM 140) are located on the first floor of MoMac. Throughout the semester many events are hosted here...often involving food. Be sure to stop by for good food and even better company.
- MoMac has a variety of room types including:
- Double and single occupancy rooms with suite bathroom (square footage ranges from 130-240
- Double and single occupancy rooms with community style bathrooms (square foot ranges from 160-240)
- Most suites have a study room
- Suite baths have pull-curtain showers
- Movable furniture
- Cable TV in rooms
- Some rooms are wheelchair accessible
For more information about Morrison-McGinnis Commons, please contact Katie Little, Residential Community Director,by phone at 214-768-3853 or by email at email@example.com.